Friday, June 18, 2010

The Dairy KING

Well, today was pretty fantastical. Mostly because my many trips to Dairy Queen have finally paid off...

First of all, when I rolled up to the DQ window on my bike, the lady behind the register took one at me and smiled. She knew exactly what I was there for - a large chocolate oreo and brownie blizzard. (You know that you've got to change something about your diet when you've become a regular at the nearby Dairy Queen) So I paid for my tasty treat and then made my way over to the other side of the counter where I awaited the ice cream. The girl mixing my blizzard turned around after she'd finished, and she handed me my cup, but I immediately noticed that something was wrong about the way in which she gave it to me...she'd done it the American way! Right-side up. She never flipped it to prove that it was so thick that no ice cream would fall out of the cup (as previously mentioned in my 'Why Are They Laughing At Us?' post, the servers at Dairy Queen have to give you your blizzard upside-down or it's free). Right away, I pointed out the fact that she had forgotten to flip it over. She hesitated, then immediately denied it. So I went over to her manager and gestured that she had never turned it upside-down for me. Her manager asked her if it was true. Then the girl got the most disappointed look on her face, stared down at the ground, and shook her head in embarrassment. Clearly I had won the battle. But it wasn't over yet. The manager was sure to solve the problem. He reached out for my blizzard and said, "I try again, I try again," (his best English) thinking that he could just take it back and flip it over real quick to relieve his staff of her goof-up. I was having none of that, I wanted my free blizzard! So I pulled it back and said, "No way dude!" Then I pointed to the writing on the cup: "SERVED UPSIDE-DOWN, OR IT'S FREE." They had no other option but to give me my money back =) A feeling of personal victory and sheer happiness swept over me. It was the best tasting blizzard I had ever eaten!

















--
PMM

No comments:

Post a Comment