Monday, June 21, 2010

A China Haircut

I need a haircut soon (as you might be able to notice in my pictures below), which isn't looking too promising for me...

I don't really need to spend a bunch of money and go to some kind of hair salon - which seem to be all over the shopping plazas around here. I'm looking for something more like a small barber shop, like back home, you know. And I think I've found a good option, but it seems a bit sketchy. They charge only $.85 USD for a haircut.
I don't know if that's a good sign or not. It definitely accomplishes the 'cheap' side of what I'm trying to go after, but I need some quality in there as well. Maybe I'll sit outside of the barber shop a few times and see how the guys look who come out after their haircuts. But still, even if it does seem legit, there will be the dilemma of not being able to explain exactly what I want them to do to my hair. It's not a difficult explanation, I just don't know how to do it in Mandarin. Sooo, maybe I'll take a translator, or maybe I'll just wing it and hope for the best. I could also ask some American guys at the brewery where they get their hair cut, and maybe there's a more western place to go that will provide a less frustrating experience, and probably less of a good story. Decisions, decisions. I may end up having to just cut it all off and hope that it grows back soon if things don't go as well as one would hope!
--
PMM

1 comment:

  1. Hey babe,

    I think you should have it all cut the same like 1/2 inch over your whole head! I know it will be shocking but you will look totally normal by the time you come home lol

    -kelly

    ReplyDelete