Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Koreaaaaaa!

I leave tomorrow morning, bright and early, for Korea!!

I have to catch the subway at 530am to get to the airport by 7am for my 9am flight. Then I'll arrive in Incheon at Noon (Korea time is one hour ahead of China, 13 hours ahead of almost everyone back home). From there, my plan is to hop on the subway and head to Kyle and Dave's school...Incheon English Village. Then they'll show me as much of the city in one evening/night as they can!

Friday morning, I'm heading into Seoul to meet my friend Gi Bum (G.B. is what we call him). He lives right in the city, and he said he'll show me a good time ;-)

Other than that, I don't have too many plans. It'll be a nice REAL vacation. No work. Just hanging out with good people and enjoying a fun new country! Hopefully I'll be able to soak up as much of South Korea as I can in just 4 days.

I come back to Shanghai on Sunday morning. Another early 9am flight :-)

---------------------------------

In other news, I recently met with my boss for our last 'business' meeting. She said I've done a great job for her, and my work has been a nice asset to all of her ventures. So that was nice to hear. My last real work day is Monday, I've got some things to finish up before heading back home. Basically, I'm just wrapping up my projects and creating a 'hand over package' for her so that she can use everything I've been doing to further her own projects. She's taking me out to dinner on Monday to a nice place on the Bund (a very beautiful and popular part of town, right on the river across from the downtown Pudong area), a couple other managers from the brewery are coming as well. It should be a nice last meal in Shanghai!

Recently, I've been doing some marketing projects for a big event that my boss is co-hosting this weekend. Frexh Shanghai 2010 (www.frexh.com) - It's two-day showcase of talent from fashion, cuisine, music, and art experts both local and foreign. Unfortunately I cannot attend the event that I've been putting quite a bit of time into, as I'll be on the other side of the Yellow Sea. That's really a bummer, because I'm sure it'll be great...hopefully it's a success!

---------------------------------

I should be able to find some time to post on here from Korea, but who knows! I'll definitely be back posting on Sunday.
--
PMM

No comments:

Post a Comment